Texas Hill Country Trail Region Small Grants Program 2018-2019
The Texas Hill Country Trail Region offers small grants to help fund special projects, events, and programs to promote heritage tourism within the region. These grants are designed to promote public awareness of the history of the Texas Hill Country Trail Region, encourage community involvement and participation, and enhance the visitor experience.
Annual grant amount per project is $1,500 and the Texas Hill Country Trail Region will give out two (2) grants per fiscal year during the months of January and July.
Types of projects considered:
- Printed materials and publications (walking/driving tours, travel guides)
- Exhibit development
- Website development
- Interpretive or way-finding signage
- Educational programs for the general public
- Workshops designed to develop or improve heritage tourism
Types of projects NOT considered:
- Bricks and mortar projects, structural improvements, or capital purchases
- Operating (includes salaries and wages), administrative, or maintenance expenses
- Projects that advocate politics or religion
- Projects for individuals
- Projects or groups or entities without official status or a Federal Tax ID number
- Applicant must be a current partner of the THCTR or affiliated with a current partner.
- Applicant must be a 501(c)(3), 501(c)(6), or government entity
- Project must be within the 19 counties of the Texas Hill Country Trail Region
- Project must be open and accessible to the general public
- Application should be submitted at least three months prior to the date of start of the project or event date
- Recognition of the Texas Hill Country Trail Region as a partner or contributor in a News Release, including use of the THCTR logo on printed and promotional materials
- Report of project one month before start date and three months following project ore event completion